SIP series contributes to the improvement of work efficiency and total cost reduction by replacing lead-acid battery in AGVs
- "Special page for SIP series" is now on the website.
- Are you experiencing these problems in your use of lead-acid batteries?
Why don't you use the SCiB™ "SIP series" to eliminate various difficulties related to lead-acid batteries?
01.Higher operational efficiency by rapid charging!
- Rapid charging in only one hour!
- It took 8 hours to charge a lead-acid battery, but SCiB™ can drastically reduce the charging time. It can be charged even within 20 minutes if corresponding charger is available.
- Improve operational efficiency by reduction of charging time!
- Rapid charging drastically reduces downtime caused by battery charging. Operations with a minimum number of AGVs enhance operational efficiency of AGVs.
02.Long life of 10 years reduces the total cost of ownership!
- SCiB™ can be used for more than 15,000 cycles
- Actual measurement data have proven that SCiB™ cells keep more than 80% of capacity after 15,000 times of SOC*100% charge-discharge cycles. There will be almost no capacity degradation expected after 15,000 times of SOC50%-90% charge-discharge cycles.
- *SOC・・・・State of Charge
- SIP series can be used for 10 years, more than 3 times longer than lead-acid batteries!
- SIP series does not require replacement for long time and reduces total cost of ownership!
It is also maintenance free!
- Total cost is lower because of long life!
- Although lead-acid battery is cheaper if only considering the initial cost, you can enjoy lower total cost of ownership by SIP series in the long run.
03.The smaller size and weight reduces the workload
- Only 8kg! 1/4 the weight of a lead-acid battery
- A lead-acid battery is large and heavy, and charging and replacing is hard work. However, the weight of SCiB™ is a quarter (8 kg) of a lead-acid battery! This new lightweight battery reduces the workload.
- Free from hazardous hydrogen gas. You can charge SCiB™ anywhere.
- Hydrogen gas is generated when a lead-acid battery is overcharged, potentially causing ignition. SCiB™ do not emit a hazardous hydrogen gas and can be easily charged at worksites.
- There is no risk of lithium deposition. SCiB™ can be used safely for a long time!
- In case of conventional lithium-ion batteries, there is a risk of lithium metal deposition, which could break separator and cause internal short circuit when it is used for long period of time, under very cold temperature, or with high charging current. There is no risk of lithium metal deposition in case of SCiB™.
- Resistance of an internally-short-circuited area increases and reduces the short-circuit current.
- Even in case of internal short circuit, there is lower risk of smoke or ignition on SCiB™ because it reduces short circuit current due to increase of resistance around internal short circuit area.
- Compliance with safety standards
- SCiB™ 23Ah cells and SIP series comply with various safety standards.
- SCiB™ is environment-friendly thanks to longer life and less waste.
- The longer life cycle reduces the environmental impact.
- Automatic guided vehicle manufacturer A
- We proposed the quick charge with automatic charging systems to an automobile manufacturer and our proposal was adopted.
- Leasing company B
- Cost-effectiveness of a long-life (15,000 cycles) and maintenance-free battery was a determining factor.
- Electronic device manufacturer C
- We couldn't find a battery appropriate to the inductive charging, and we were at a loss. However, we finally encountered the SIP series.
- Automobile manufacturer D
- It was a harsh task to remove and install heavy lead-acid battery. However, SIP series made our work much easier.
|Product name||SIP24-23 (24V)||SIP48-23 (48V)|
|Single configuration||2 in parallel||2 in series|
|Voltage range||DC16.5 to 29.7V||DC33.0 to 59.4V|
|125A(200 seconds)||150A(200 seconds)||125A(200 seconds)|
|CCCV constant current/constant voltage (V=28.6V)||CCCV constant current/constant voltage
|Dimensions||247(W)×188(D)×165(H)mm||Using the two batteries described
on the left hand side
|Using two batteries (W247 x D188 x H165 mm)|
|-30 to 45℃|
|-30 to 55℃ (35°C or less is recommended)|
|Humidity for use/
|85%RH or less (without dew condensation)|
|IP53 or equivalent|
|Overcharge protection, overdischarge protection, overcurrent protection, high temperature protection,
and low temperature protection
- * The time durations, masses, life, battery capacities, life cycles and other items mentioned in comparison with lead-acid batteries are the values for reference purposes only, simulating scenes where batteries are used in AGVs.
- * The characteristic graphs and data do not guarantee the product performance. These are the reference data obtained under a certain condition.
- * The design, specifications, components, and others may change without prior notice.
- * The product package designs are for webpages and catalogs and differ from the package designs of actual products.
- * CCCV : Constant Current Constant Voltage