Toshiba's SCiB™ is used in a wide
variety of applications, contributing to
realizing sustainable society.
Toshiba's SCiB™ Rechargeable Battery has been certified as "Excellent ECP (Environmentally Conscious Products)"
of Toshiba Group's internal certification program with the characteristics satisfying the following 3 key factors
and its design. The widespread use of SCiB™ will contribute to sustainable environment.
- Efficient use
of resources Long product life time reduces frequency of battery replacement
- Prevention of
Global Warming High performance consumes limited energy efficiently in various types of equipment
management No use of the chemical substances prohibited in Toshiba Group
Toshiba's SCiB™ Rechargeable Battery satisfies all of the requirements and the voluntary standards.
Environmental considerations's list
|Life Cycle Stage||Aspects of Environmental Considerations|
|Procurement of materials
|Use by customers||
|Recycling of used products||
- Chemical substances listed in the "Rank A prohibited materials/substances" in Toshiba Group's Green Procurement Guidelines, excepting the exempted portion defined separately
- User manuals printed in Japan
- Only small-type batteries marketed in Japan requires the recycling symbol.
- Life-cycle assessment is performed on each group of products with a similar material composition and manufacturing process.
Example of Factor T calculation for the SCiB™ rechargeable battery
- *SCiB™ battery of high power type 2.9Ah cells
Used as an auxiliary power source for idling stop systems (Released for sale in March 2013)
- * Compared with lithium-ion batteries